Friday, July 9, 2010

Getting to Japan


We left our house on Wednesday. Saba and Savta came over to help us get out the door. It was exciting but sad to say goodbye to them!




We drove to Uncle Noel's house, and he drove us to the airport. JFK is a really busy place, with flights going to all corners of the world. Our check-in place was next to the counters from Poland, Qatar, Egypt and Ethiopia! It was interesting to see the different people on the different lines.




After all the security checks we got to our gate and dad suggested that we get some food. Good thing that my FAVORITE restaurant was right next to the gate! I love chicken wings!







Finally we took off. The flight was almost 15 hours long. I watched three movies, ate three hot meals and a s
andwich, slept, and it was still boring. I tried using the tray table as a bed, but it wasn't that comfortable.






We landed in Korea at 4am, and the airport was really empty. I tried to rest but I was too excited. So we waited until the stores started to open, and I got a chocolate chip muffin. In the picture, you can see the sign behind me in Korean. It was really interesting to be in that airport! (But, five hours is too long to wait for another flight!!)



So Now I am in Kyoto. I don't have any pictures yet, but maybe tomorrow. It is hot but really exciting. Our "guest house" is right next to a river with a bike path. Today I am going with mom to the "100 yen store" which is the Japanese version of the Dollar store. More later! Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment